London taxis, British cabs, the taxicabs that originated in London are world-famous. Their story is a long and fascinating one, with constant challenges being presented to makers, owners and dealers alike.
London Taxis – a Full History is a fully detailed study, tracing the story from 1897, when the capital’s first horseless cab, the Bersey appeared, right up to the present day and including the latest Nissan and Metrocab prototypes.
With as much as information as possible gathered directly from the people who designed, built and operated British cabs, and from national and regional archive sources this book is the definitive volume on the subject. And it’s a great read, too!
This, the second edition features:
- The history of every major model and every known minor make, and the prototypes that never made it into production
- Freshly discovered information about once-famous names in the industry
- Over 150 photographs, some of which had not been published before
- Production figures for most prominent makes and models
- Outline technical specifications for almost all models
Produced in black and white with full colour cover, this is a must-have book for anyone seeking in-depth knowledge of the British cab and its relationship to the British auto industry
paperback | 254 pages | 246mm x 189mm
black and white, illustrated throughout
Cover price UK £17.99 USA $29.95 | ISBN 9870957475427
Now out of stock – watch this site for news of a reprinted edition
To look inside, click here